Back pain is a common problem that affects many people at some point in their lives. There are several factors that can cause back pain, including:
- Poor posture: Sitting or standing in an incorrect position for long periods of time can put strain on the back muscles and lead to pain.
- Muscle or ligament strain: Heavy lifting or sudden awkward movements can cause strains in the muscles and ligaments in the back.
- Bulging or ruptured disks: The disks in between the vertebrae can bulge or rupture due to age, injury or strain, which can put pressure on the nerves and cause pain.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis can affect the lower back, causing pain and stiffness.
- Osteoporosis: This condition causes the bones to become brittle and weak, which can result in fractures in the vertebrae and cause pain.
- Scoliosis: A sideways curve in the spine can cause pain, especially as the condition worsens.
- Infections or tumors: In rare cases, infections or tumors in the spine can cause your back to experience pain.
If you are experiencing back pain, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the underlying cause and appropriate treatment options.
Using a chiropractor can be a helpful option for treating ongoing pains in your back. Chiropractors specialize in the musculoskeletal system and use manual manipulation to realign the spine and alleviate pain. This can be especially helpful for pain caused by poor posture or muscle or ligament strains. Chiropractic care can also be used in combination with other treatments such as physical therapy, massage therapy, and pain medication to provide comprehensive relief.
For more information please call 801-871-0712.